Like many newly wed couples, my husband and I chose to let nature takes its own course on conceiving. A miscarriage a few months after our wedding changed my attitude towards conceiving. It taught me that I have to plan for my next pregnancy. Now I go around preaching to my friends about the need to plan for pregnancy. I believe in taking charge so that one can have a happy pregnancy.
- What it means to plan for a pregnancy: 1) Take folic acid about three months before trying to conceive.
- Plot your temperature daily to know your own ovulation cycle. This saves you time and energy (giggle). This especially important for those who wish to try for a gender, this is important. After trying to conceive, continue to plot your temperature so that you will know if you are pregnant or not even before your pregnancy test kit tells you so.
- Be healthy. Quit smoking and drinking if you have such habits. Never try to conceive when either person is sick.
- For ladies with low blood count or low blood pressure, consult your doctor on how you can improve the condition.
- Read up about what to do and what not to do when trying to conceive.